Universidade do Porto
Porto, Portugal, October 11-13
Keynote: Magali Bessone (Université de Rennes)
Keynote: Ronald R. Sundstrom (University of San Francisco)
The Philosophy of the City Research Group is a global community of scholars who are dedicated to understanding the city and urban issues. We invite you to join us for our fifth year. For this conference, zeroing in on the research strands below remains paramount, but we welcome all relevant submissions.
For individual submissions, provide abstracts of 200-300 words. For panels of 3-4, each abstract should be 150-200 words. Send submissions (prepared for anonymous review) and questions to [email protected]. Deadline: June 1, 2017. For all other details, see http://philosophyofthecity.org.
- Urban Futures and Human Flourishing
- Democracy and Infrastructure
- Urban Justice: Housing, Education, Criminal & Environmental Justice
- Public Space and the Common Good
- Philosophy of (and in) Urban Planning
- Public Space in Technological Contexts
- The City in the History of Philosophy
- Urban Agriculture
- City Identity
- Art and Public Space
- Migrations and Cities
- Cities and Resistance
Registration fees are as follows*:
- All Full-Time Faculty - Early Bird Pricing: $100 ($103.20 w/service fee).
- All Full-Time Faculty - After Sep. 15: $130 ($134.07 w/service fee).
- Graduate Students, Part-time and Adjunct Faculty - Early Bird Pricing: $50 ($51.80 w/service fee).
- Graduate Students, Part-time and Adjunct Faculty - After Sep. 15: $80 ($82.62 w/service fee).
- General Admission (non-academic): $80 ($82.62 w/service fee).
- Pre-Approved Community-Based Organization Members: Free - Email Shane Epting for registration.
- * No Refunds on Registration Fees
Shane Epting, Paula Cristina Pereira, Ronald Sundstrom, Michael Nagenborg, Maria Couto, José Meirinhos and Jules Simon
This conference is brought to you by The Philosophy of the City Group and sponsored by: